5/29/2016

Talking about Failure - Day 6

Heyho out there!

I hope all of you enjoyed to be allowed to be curious since yesterdays post. And obviously you are very curious since you are back at todays post to get to know even more ;-)

Today I'd like to talk about failure and what I learned about it. In my class our teacher showed us a very interesting video to inspire us about this topic. This video took about 15 minutes and gave us a lot of impressions. I know that many people are just sitting in front of their computer and reading some blog entries at Sunday evening - I don't want to overstrain your excitement, that's why I'm just showing you a piece of the video, the one with the most essential message. If you want to see the full-version click here.



Rule #6
We live in a world full of rules. And sometimes it gets pretty hard to remember everything. Let me tell you, it is not that important to know every legal regulation or the proper etiquette, those things can be researched very easily but what really matter, especially regarding creativity enhancement, is rule number 6. As mentioned above (in the video) the only thing you need to know is that you should never take yourself to damn seriously.

But what do I mean with that? It's quite simple. Remember when I told you that you always need to be at least 90% sure that your idea will work? Well, sometimes there's no real chance to get that percentage. Sometimes you need to take a risk, and either you win or you loose.
If you win everything is fine and you can feel free to celebrate yourself. If you loose, it can be tough, but don't get disappointed, because rule number 6 says that you should not take yourself so damn seriously. And this is not the best part, because now you also get the chance to celebrate your mistakes. Believe me, this will contribute to your future so much more than celebrating yourself ;-)




Mistaken
That's what you are when you believe that mistakes and/or failure are bad. Especially in a creative environment, mistakes are the very best way to learn something!
To make this a little more understandable I've got another challenge for you:

Take a sheet of paper and a pen. Now think about all the mistakes you've made in your life. They don't have to be major mistakes, although those are usually the ones which come to your mind first. Write all those mistakes down in a column. When you're finished take another pen and think about what you've learned from all those mistakes. Write your learning next to the concerned mistake.

After you've done that, have a look at your paper. You can see that mistakes happen and this is something which you can't really do anything about it. But as you see, every mistake makes you learn something, every mistake makes you wiser and every mistake changes you.


Never a failure, Always a lesson
found at lovethispic

What I want to tell you with all of this - don't be afraid of failure and mistakes. Take those as opportunities to create something new, and after 6 days you know how to do this, right? ;-)

Yours,

AL


Tomorrows topic: I am Unique

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen